Guided Meditation CD: 6 Essential Practices: by Jack Kornfield
As anyone who has tried it knows, meditation looks simple, but at times it can be difficult. The most potential you can have on your contemplative path is a trusted teacher like Jack Kornfield, who stands out as one of the most helpful and encouraging Western instructors for newcomers to the art of meditation.
With Guided Meditation, this renowned Buddhist teacher brings you six practices that will open the door to the serenity and joy of meditation, and serve as your foundation for years to come.
Offering you precise guidance through every step of these transformational practices, Kornfield introduces you to:
Basic sitting practice―The essential starting point for nurturing nonjudgmental spaciousness
• The heart-opening techniques of lovingkindness and forgiveness meditation to help you discover liberation from suffering
• A visualization exercise for overcoming difficulties by making direct contact with the voice of your highest wisdom
• The gratitude and joy meditation, which nourishes an innocent rejoicing in life itself
• Mind Like Sky―a practice to enter "original mind," the pure space of awareness that is consciousness itself
Since the time of the Buddha, meditation taught under the guidance of an expert has proven to be the easiest and most effective way to begin. Whether you are just starting out with meditation or have decided to reconnect with the ground of your practice, Jack Kornfield's Guided Meditation provides concise and gentle training of the heart and mind to enjoy the fruits of this centuries-old art.
Apply the six guided meditation practices to cultivate love, awareness, and wisdom
• Practice each of the six guided meditation practices as a way to cultivate stillness and "knowing"
• Explore mindfulness practices related to awareness of the breath, loving kindness, forgiveness, visualization, gratitude, and the spaciousness of consciousness
Jack Kornfield, PhD, trained as a Buddhist monk in Thailand, Burma, and India and has been teaching meditation internationally since 1974. He is one of the key teachers to introduce mindfulness practices to the West. He co-founded the Insight Meditation Society in Barre, Massachusetts and founded the Spirit Rock Center in Woodacre California. He holds a PhD in clinical psychology and has taught in centers and universities worldwide. Jack has led International Buddhist Teacher meetings with the Dalai Lama, worked with many of the great teachers of our time, and is a father and activist. He is co-creator of the Awareness Training Institute and has written more than a dozen books, including Meditation for Beginners; A Path With Heart; After the Ecstasy, the Laundry; and more.
- Publisher : Sounds True; Unabridged edition
- Language : English
- ISBN-10 : 1591796253
- ISBN-13 : 978-1591796251
- Item weight : 95 g
- Dimensions : 12.22 x 1.63 x 14.45 cm