Peppermint Organic Essential Oil by Floracopeia 15ml.
ABOUT PEPPERMINT ESSENTIAL OIL
As for the garden mint, the very smell of it alone recovers and refreshes the spirit.--The Roman naturalist, Pliny
Peppermint oil is well-known for the dramatic effect it has on the body and mind. In the body, it is particularly well-suited for opening the breath, and relaxing an overworked body. Adding a few drops of peppermint to a massage oil or lotion and rubbed on after a yoga session or enthusiastic hike can do wonders for restoring feelings of comfort and ease. Peppermint is one of the first oils we reach for whenever we need to clear the air or restore balance to the family facing the challenges of winter.
Peppermint powerfully sharpens mental focus by removing dull and hazy feelings. As a cooling oil, peppermint is also extremely effective for taking the edge off of tension. Peppermint’s cool and clearing nature makes it ideal for stimulating mental agility and improving concentration for the tasks at hand. It is also effective against worry, grief and heaviness. This is a great oil to keep on hand next to your diffuser in your office or work studio.
Peppermint is used to relieve upset skin due to bug bites or after spending too much time in the sun. Peppermint is great to add to your hair care routine as it nourishes and balances a dull, oily scalp. It is commonly used in dental care due to its effective and refreshing properties.
Among the oldest and most continuously used of all therapeutic oils, the bright, mentholated fragrance of peppermint essential oil is instantly recognizable and powerfully effective at treating a remarkably wide variety of conditions. This particular peppermint oil is softer and less intensely minty than many similar peppermint essential oils though no less stimulating to the mind and tonic to the digestion.
HOW TO USE PEPPERMINT ESSENTIAL OIL
- Diffuser: Peppermint has a cooling, refreshing and soothing fragrance. Diffuse it in your home or office whenever you need to uplift and clear the mind, try it instead of a cup of coffee or tea.
- Mental Clarity Blend: 4 drops lime oil, 2 drops tulsi oil, 2 drops peppermint oil in diffuser, or place a few drops on tissue and inhale.
OTHER WAYS TO USE PEPPERMINT ESSENTIAL OIL
Peppermint oil can be applied topically if diluted, as a compress, in the bath, through direct inhalation, or diffuser.
- Add two drops to ½ water for a refreshing mouthwash that stimulates gums and helps with bad breath.
- Add several drops to massage oil or lotion to cool skin after being in the sun.
- Use a few drops in an aromatic bath to calm and relax a tired and overworked body and any feelings of excess heat in the body.
- Add several drops to a bowl of water to deter insects when outdoors.
- Diffuse peppermint oil to increase concentration, stimulate the dull or sleepy mind, and freshen air.
PEPPERMINT ESSENTIAL OIL RECIPES
- Chest Opening Blend: 4 drops Eastern hemlock oil, 2 drops eucalyptus oil, 2 drops peppermint oil, 4 drops chamomile oil, in steaming water – inhaled several times daily, or added to ½ oz unscented balm and rubbed on chest as needed
- Soothing Belly Blend: 4 drops grapefruit oil, 4 drops peppermint oil, 2 drops ginger oil, 2 drops fennel oil in 15 mL marula or other carrier oil, massage as needed
- After-a-workout Blend: 4 drops ginger oil, 6 drops peppermint oil, 6 drops Eucalyptus globulus oil, 2 drops sweet birch in 30 mL marula or other carrier oil, massage into muscles and joints
- Clear Breath Blend: 8 drops frankincense frereana oil, 6 drops Eucalyptus globulus oil, 3 drops rosemary oil, 3 drops pine oil, 2 drops peppermint oil for diffusion, or in 30 mL jojoba oil for topical/direct inhalation.
SAFETY CONSIDERATIONS FOR PEPPERMINT ESSENTIAL OIL
Though it is non-toxic and non-irritating, peppermint may be sensitizing because of its high menthol content, causing irritation to the skin and mucous membranes. Do not use on children younger than 7 years of age. Do not take internally.
AROMATIC PROFILE AND BLENDING OF PEPPERMINT ESSENTIAL OIL
- Perfumery Note: Top
- Odor: Fresh, cool, green-herbaceous, grassy-minty with a deep balsamic-sweet undertone
- Strength of Initial Aroma: Strong
- Blends Well With: marjoram oil, eucalyptus oil, lavender oil, lemon oil, and rosemary oil
- Dryout: Sweet, clean
- Botanical Name: Mentha piperita
- Family: Lamiaceae
- Composition: 100% Pure Peppermint Essential Oil
- Origin: USA
- Method of Extraction: Steam Distillation
- Cultivation/Harvesting: Organic
- Plant Part: Aerial Parts
- Color: Clear to pale yellow
- Consistency: Thin
- Yield: 0.5% - 2.5%
- Bottle Size: ½ fl oz (15 mL)
INTERESTING PEPPERMINT ESSENTIAL OIL INFORMATION
Mentha piperita is a hybrid of watermint (M. aquatica) and spearmint (M. spicata). Mints are mentioned in early medieval plants lists and were brought to Britain in Roman Times. Mentha piperita has been found in Egyptian tombs dating back to 1000 BC, and there is evidence that peppermint has a long history in Europe, China, and Japan. It has been used extensively throughout history for problems such as nausea, headaches, toothaches, cramp, diarrhea, sore throats, and indigestion.